This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
February 7, 2019 at 2:04 am #3168084

suhaiba-2

hi im trying to change the language menu but it display 4 languages 2 of them are repeated i cant figure it out

February 7, 2019 at 7:24 am #3168669

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I have visited your site but your site is in coming soon mode, Could you please disable it for a while so that I can see this issue.

- Please add the debug report in the Debug Information box. I have also enabled debug info box for your next reply: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Thank you

February 7, 2019 at 7:41 am #3168682

suhaiba-2

I disabled it check the main menu it display 2 menus of the same language

February 7, 2019 at 10:47 am #3169722

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

- It seems this language switcher coming from your theme and you might be disable this from theme options OR using small CSS code.

- Please try to add WPML language switcher from WPML >> Languages >> Menu language switcher and then disable wrong language switcher. Here is doc for more details:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

Thank you

February 8, 2019 at 1:08 am #3172703

suhaiba-2

i have no idea what you talkin about i just added the simple language from wpml and look how it display this makes no sense plus i dont understand why the translation in this tool is so complicated it does not sync everything right like when adding a post each language display a different form and only one form in the site is avaliable i thought it should sync exactly the same

February 10, 2019 at 8:43 am #3179388

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

To further debug language menu issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] language menu is weird’ is closed to new replies.