This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Xavier 7 years ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
October 1, 2012 at 8:50 am #77729

Xavier

I'm working on a website on woocommerce, it's almost done, but I just realized that the WPML language menu duplicates the page content when in single product view, but works fine on homepage, group of products or showing all products.
I've currently checked the language menu in 3 positions:
1.-In the Header Menu, duplicates contents.
2.-In the Top Menu, also duplicates contents.
3.-In the footer by inserting your given php code, it works fine, but it's not the right place for it.
I'm quite sure this is a common issue, but I didn't manage to find info regarding it.
Best,
Xavi

October 1, 2012 at 9:19 am #77738

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Xavier,

What version of WordPress, WPML, Woocommerce, Woocommerce Multilingual do you have installed?

If you don't have the latest version of each I would first suggest you update everything.

Check if the issue persists and if it does please email temporary wp-admin and FTP login credentials to [email]

The versions you should have are:

WordPress 3.4.2

WPML 2.6.0

Woocommerce Multilingual 1.3

Woocommerce - you need the download the following patch: hidden link

Let me know how it goes for you.

October 1, 2012 at 2:46 pm #77791

Xavier

Hi Sarah,
just updated everything, but the error stills there, I'll send you the credentials asap.
Best,
Xavi

October 1, 2012 at 4:25 pm #77811

sarah.n
Supporter

OK, I will wait for your email to [email]

October 2, 2012 at 3:18 pm #77997

sarah.n
Supporter

Xavier,

I received your email.
The problem is in the code of the single-product.php template file.

The author of your theme uses the loop

if ( have_posts() ) while ( have_posts() ) : the_post();
endwhile;

If you open the template you will see I commented those lines out. This fixes the problem on your single product page however this does not mean that other issues may not arise.

What I would recommend is that you contact your theme author and ask him to join our program where we work with theme/plugin authors to solve compatibility issues between their themes/plugins and WPML.

We are happy to work with any author who shows interest in this by contacting us through this link http://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/ . Can arouse interest in the author by letting him know about the program?

This will benefit both you and other users of the same theme.

October 3, 2012 at 1:33 pm #78130

Xavier

Sarah,

thanks a lot, for sure I'll contact my theme author about the program, that'll sure be a great notice for the collective of users.

Best,
Xavi

The topic ‘[Closed] Language menu shows duplicated products.’ is closed to new replies.