This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by zsoltE-2 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 12:04 pm #4504161

zsoltE-2

Hi,
I'm using Woocommerce with WPML. Default language is Hungarian, and second language is English.

I have found a product should be the Enlgish translation of a Hungarian product. When I edit, the language of this product is empty (In the attached image see: 'language of this termék').
On the other hand, it is work properly: It shown in the English version of the webpage.

My question: why language of this product is empty?

September 3, 2019 at 3:10 pm #4505753

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Clarifications:

1. Is the EN language code missing from just this one product or all English products?

2. If you temporarily change your active theme to Storefront and deactivate all non-WPML Plugins, does the language code still appear blank?

Thanks!

September 4, 2019 at 12:49 pm #4511169

zsoltE-2

Hi Yvette,
Today the language is shown! I did not do any upgrade. The language dropdown is disabled. Why disabled? Is that ok?
Zsolt

September 4, 2019 at 2:24 pm #4511999

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Oh - curious but I´m glad it is showing up now.

The dropdown might be disabled because there are translations "in progress". I can see that beside the English translation there is a "gear box" icon which indicates a translation job has been started. What happens if you finish the translation?

In my test system, the dropdown is disabled only in the 2nd language once it has been assigned as a translation of an existing page/post.

On the original page/post, the dropdown is enabled but not able to select anything if translations are existing in all available languages.

I hope this explanation clarifies what you might be seeing.

September 5, 2019 at 9:18 am #4517453

zsoltE-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!