Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:I have two languages on my website

[1] English US (en_US) - DEFAULT [2] English UK (en_GB)

However, despite my browser and windows being set to English UK - and clearing cookies, and using incognito mode... etc etc... It will not redirect to the english UK version of the site at all.

Have I missed something here? or is there a bug?

Solution:At the moment there is a known bug that our developers are working to fix with the language redirection and languages that use similar language codes.

Please review the following Errata Documentation

Relevant Documentation:https://wpml.org/errata/browser-language-redirect-issue-with-similar-language-codes/

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 2.66 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jacobT-8 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 16, 2020 at 10:50 am #6382397

jacobT-8

Apologies that this isn't a new issue per se, however I've read 30+ threads and am still none the wiser...

I have two languages on my website

[1] English US (en_US) - DEFAULT
[2] English UK (en_GB)

However, despite my browser and windows being set to English UK - and clearing cookies, and using incognito mode... etc etc... It will not redirect to the english UK version of the site at all.

Have I missed something here? or is there a bug?

I have attached a couple of screenshots - after many hours I just can't work it out - sorry!

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thank you! 🙂

Jacob T

June 16, 2020 at 9:32 pm #6387807

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

At the moment there is a known bug that our developers are working to fix with the language redirection and languages that use similar language codes.

Please review the following Errata Documentation

https://wpml.org/errata/browser-language-redirect-issue-with-similar-language-codes/

June 17, 2020 at 9:50 am #6392221

jacobT-8

Ok thanks - i'll await the next update.

June 17, 2020 at 9:51 am #6392223

jacobT-8

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!