This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Otto 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Otto.

Author Posts
October 11, 2018 at 1:08 pm #2808306

kalinL

If possible, would like the language selector to be in corresponding languages. Russian to be in Russian, German in German, Spanish in Spanish. Can’t find where that part of the menu is located.

October 12, 2018 at 8:31 am #2811176

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Do you want to display language switcher items in current selected language as you can see in attached screenshots?

Thank you

October 12, 2018 at 12:27 pm #2811978

kalinL

No, for example if the site is in Spanish I want the translate dropdowns to be in their own language so it will say English, Russian etc. we don't want those translated. Makes sense?

October 12, 2018 at 4:25 pm #2812610

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Noman is off today, I will follow up if you don't mind.

You have two options:
-Use the native language
-Use the current language

As far as I understand you want to keep the "name" of the languages in its native language, right?

So, please, check this documentation to select it:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/#full-control-over-each-language-switcher

Let me know if this helps, please.

Kind regards,

Otto

October 12, 2018 at 4:29 pm #2812623

kalinL

Yes, Use the native language is what we want but there's no where to change that? I looked at what you sent. Can you be specific?

October 12, 2018 at 4:36 pm #2812631

Otto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Argentina/Buenos_Aires (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

I am sorry I wasn't clear enough, please apologize.

You need to go to WPML > Languages > after Language switcher options you will find all the switchers available. Choose the one you are using and edit it (click on the blue pencil)

There you will find the option "What to include in the switcher" as explained in the documentation.

If this does not help, please provide me with the WPML debug information so I can take a better look at the problem.

I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards,

Otto