Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Mona 8 years ago.

Author Posts
December 1, 2011 at 3:34 am #41596

Mona

Hello,
I have installed WPML on a WordPress + Buddypress installation.
I have an english front page, which has a french translation, and the language selector is not working on the front page (it's showing but we can't click on it to switch), whereas it's working fine on other pages.
The language selector is not working on my blog page too, but only on the french version of my blog (not on the english version).
To finish, the french version of the blog is displaying all the posts : french, english and also drafts ! The english version is working fine.
Is there a way to fix these two bugs ?

December 1, 2011 at 6:07 am #41598

Anonymous

Hi Mona,
please post a link to your site and state the versions of wpml and budddypress you are using

December 1, 2011 at 8:10 pm #41599

Mona

Hello Brooks,
Thanks for your quick reply. Here is the URL: hidden link
As you can see, the language selector is running on certain pages, and not on others pages.
And the french blog ( hidden link ) is launching all the posts from all languages and even drafts.
We are using :
WPML : 2.4.1
BuddyPress Multilingual : 1.2.1

December 2, 2011 at 9:22 am #41600

Laurent

Hi Mona,
I've checked the draft issue because I use BuddyPress too, and meet the same.
About draft page
my draft page is hidden link
in the menu, the link was hidden link
a temporary solution is to remove the page of the menu
but the plugin break the protection to draft pages ;-/
Brooks have an admin access to my blog,
I hope they will find a solution soon :-/

December 2, 2011 at 9:32 am #41601

Anonymous

Mona, I determined the cause of this and I have forwarded this link together with Laurent's and the programmer in charge of this will be looking at it in an hours time.

December 2, 2011 at 11:03 am #41602

Dominykas

Hello guys, I've just sent to you email and asked for login details.
Thanks

December 7, 2011 at 12:56 pm #41603

Laurent

I've just received an email from Dominykas,
it's fixed for hidden link
I hope all's fine for you too Mona

January 14, 2012 at 5:45 pm #41604

Mona

Hello,
Happy that the problem has been solved for Laurent. Unfortunately, I'm still have small problems with the WPML add-on for Buddypress:
- The language selector isn't providing alternative flags on my homepage.
- The avatar cropping function is working only on english version of the site, not on others (french, etc...).
- The english flag from the language selector is linking to wrong links on Buddypress profiles (site.com/en/members/username rather than site.com/members/username).
My WPML parameters are :
english -> site.com
french -> site.com/fr
It would be very sweet if these bugs could be solved because my users can't enjoy the fantastic WPML plugin...

The topic ‘[Closed] Language selector is not working on front page’ is closed to new replies.