Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ankit 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Ankit.

Author Posts
March 31, 2017 at 3:54 am #1243902

tonyD-4

I am trying to:
Understand why the language switcher looks so messed up only in the cart and then switch the language from Mandarin to English

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see:
The language switcher looking as it does on the rest of the site and the language change back to English from Mandarin

Instead, I got:
A broken looking language switcher and the language not switching back to English

Steps to duplicate the issue: Go to the cart and look at the language switcher, it will look broken. Now change languages to Mandarin, it works (yay). Now try switching back to English, it stays in Mandarin (boo),

March 31, 2017 at 7:40 am #1244025

Ankit

Hi,

This is Ankit from wpml support team. I would assist you with the issue, hope this is fine 🙂

1. Your plugins are up-to-date, so that is perfect!

2. Could you please do following for me?

Deactivate all non-related wpml plugins and switch to default wordpress theme, check if similar issue still persists or not? If not, then please activate the deactivated plugins one by one and check if issue appears. If all the plugins are activated and issue is not appearing, activate your theme and check if issue appears.

This can be somewhat non-trivial task, so it will be better if you can perform this test on development/staging server of your website.

IMPORTANT: Please take database backup of your website before performing these steps, it may require in case something goes wrong.

Regards,
Ankit

April 4, 2017 at 1:50 am #1246315

tonyD-4

Hi Ankit,

Disabling the plugins did not solve the problem. I didnt change to the default theme because it doesnt have a widget area in the header like the current theme.

I do also have a dev version of the site dev.nelsonhoney.com which also shows the language selector as being broken everywhere.

I tried changing the style of selector but they all look broken. Remember in one of my prevous support queries I had the same issue and the person that helped me said it was due to WPML chaning some class names or something in their last big update.

April 5, 2017 at 6:25 am #1247438

Ankit

I would request you consider providing me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your development site in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply (See attachment). The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

April 5, 2017 at 6:25 am #1247439

Ankit

I would request you consider providing me with temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your development site in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply (See attachment). The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Language seletor breaking only when in cart and cant switch back to English’ is closed to new replies.