Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
December 3, 2019 at 11:07 am #5059879

edwinP-3

I'm trying to change the /el/ slug of my Greek tanslation to /gr/ since we're using this format, I've tried editting it to /gr/ through the "Edit Languages" option in the Languages tab, but this didn't do anything.

The issue can be seen when trying to go to the greek translation through the menu or through the link hidden link

I expected it to head to the Greek site, but unfortunately it just gave me a 404.

December 4, 2019 at 7:54 pm #5072285

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- In order to make this change you have two options:
- Create a custom language with the 'gr' slug in WPML -> Languages -> 'Edit languages' link (https://wpml.org/documentation/support/editing-wpmls-languages-table/)
- Edit the '_icl_languages' table -> Manually change the language slug there.

Note: Please keep in mind that the second option (changing the value in the database) is consider custom coding and falls outside of our scope as a support service.

Remember to create a full backup of the site before making any of this changes.

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:`

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos