Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joeri 6 years, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
January 20, 2014 at 3:59 pm #324273

Joeri

Hi,
I am using the basic language switcher (do_action('icl_language_selector');) with only textual names for the languages. I just recently added 4 more languages and I already have 4 languages setup (a year ago).

The first four languages in the languages selector stay in place when you select a language. The order four, recently added languages, switch from position when a language is selected. The active language jumps to the first place, but this only happens to the newly added languages.

How can I keep all the languages staying in place, even when active.

Best regards,

Joeri.

January 20, 2014 at 6:26 pm #324391

Bruno

Dear Joeri,

Unfortunately to do this, there is no easy way. You should edit the core WPML.

About the flags, you're using some caching plugin? If you are using, please clean it and disable it and check again.

Please let me know if this solves the problem and if I can help with anything else.

Thank you.

January 20, 2014 at 6:36 pm #324397

Joeri

Hello Bruno,

Just to be sure, because I am not talking about flags. I just use names in a horizontal display. See: hidden link (you can only see four languages right now. The other four are hidden).

So by default the active language always jumps to the first in line?

It is strange that this only happens with the four newly added languages and not with the already existing four. You can test it with the four displaying right now.

I don't use a caching plugin of any kind.

Best regards.

January 20, 2014 at 9:38 pm #324474

Bruno

Dear Joeri,

Right now, I see that the links are in the same position.

You are using custom function to display this menu? If yes, please could you post the code for me to check?

Thank you.

January 21, 2014 at 8:44 am #324646

Joeri

Hello Bruno,

No, I just use <?php do_action('icl_language_selector'); ?>. I think with the first four language that you see right now I also looked into this because they were also switching from position (active language first). I just don't remember what I did then because this was a year ago.

I just think its weird that the first four languages stay into place and the newly four languages switch from position when active.

Best regards.

January 21, 2014 at 12:35 pm #324911

Bruno

Dear Joeri,

By the position of the links, you must have reordered these languages​​. Please click on WPML > Languages​​. Look for "Languages ​​order". Sort the list again (even moving a language and then returning to the same position).

Please let me know if this solves the problem and if I can help with anything else.

Thank you.

January 21, 2014 at 2:14 pm #325016

Joeri

Hello Bruno,

Thanks! That did the trick. The order of the languages stays in place!

Best regards.