This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
April 24, 2019 at 6:19 am #3669477

rasheedH

Hello
I am trying to put language switcher in the top header horizontally but it is shown vertically, I tried to modify it with css but I failed.
Could you please fix it to me.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

April 24, 2019 at 6:30 am #3669521
rasheedH

Here are my answers to theme support and their replay:
2. I add a shortcode in the top header for horizontal language converter but it shows vertically, could you please see it and fix it to me.
---> I have tried to change this but with no success. The correct way is to add the Language switcher from widgets and make settings from WPML hidden link Please contact WPML support.

3. In the blog page and single blog pages, the categories are shown repeated even I add them one time.
Could you please see this errors and help me to solve them.
---> This is WPML related. We offer limited support for the plugin in the limits of our knowledge. This is beyond our knowledge so please open a ticket with WPML support.

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/repeated-category-on-blog-page/

April 24, 2019 at 8:21 am #3670311

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. You can fix language switcher direction issue by adding the following CSS in your theme’s or child theme style.css file OR Custom CSS section of the theme:

.wpml-ls-legacy-list-horizontal ul li {
    width: auto;
    margin: 0 5px !important;
    position: relative;
    top: -15px;
    border: none;
}

And it will look as in the attached screenshot.

Fore repeated category issue, I have created a new ticket since this is a separate issue. Here is the link to the new ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/repeated-category-on-blog-page/

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.