This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Tim 4 years, 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 16, 2015 at 10:05 pm #747508

Tim

After updating to 3.2.7, the language switch is now adding post type and slug to the URL. So, if I'm in English on hidden link and then switch Spanish which should be hidden link, since the upgrade, it is now hidden link. "page/browse" is being added to the URL.

It appears the language switcher link is appending the post type and the page slug to the end of the url.

Another example.
hidden link (it is of contest post type) the language switcher link has hidden link

I am using the do_action('wpml_add_language_selector'); to create the language switcher.

November 16, 2015 at 10:21 pm #747523

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Tim,

Please as a test, could you disable all non-WPML plugins and see if the problem persists?

Thank you.

November 16, 2015 at 10:41 pm #747532

Tim

Hi Bruno - not sure if it is a plugin issue, I switched to a basic theme, and the switcher was working correctly with all the same plugins active. Currently looking for the WPML_filter_link docs, trying to see if something in that filter is setting the URL.

November 16, 2015 at 11:48 pm #747549

Tim

Hi Bruno -

I found the solution, which was some code based in a custom language selector.