Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bernat Torras 4 years, 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
November 17, 2016 at 8:58 pm #1138923

solonH

I am trying to: Make the language switcher appear on my secondary menu as a drop down menu.

URL of (my) website where problem appears: hidden link

I expected to see: The switcher to appear properly as a drop-down menu and also not to widen my secondary header. Without the language switcher it looked like this: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link

Steps to duplicate the issue: Just visit the site. You already have the credentials for my website so please feel free to play around with the language switcher.

November 18, 2016 at 7:05 am #1139058

Bernat Torras

Hi @solonh,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll be happy to help you with this! 🙂

I've checked your site and I see that some of your theme css rules are overriding WPML language switcher css.

If you want to display these language links as a dropdown list, you'll need to add some custom css to any of your current stylesheets to make it appear as you want. I'd suggest you something like this:

#secondary .menu-secondary-container ul.menu .menu-item-language ul{
	display:none;
	position: absolute;
	margin-left: 0px !important; 
}

#secondary .menu-secondary-container ul.menu .menu-item-language:hover ul{
	display:block;
}

#secondary .menu-secondary-container ul.menu .menu-item-language:hover ul li{
	padding-left: 0px;
}

Could you try it and let me know if it works for you?

Thanks,
Bernat

November 19, 2016 at 4:41 pm #1139901

solonH

Perfect that worked 🙂

Thanks a lot!

January 22, 2017 at 4:35 pm #1187722

solonH

Hi Bernat,

I updated to wordpress 4.71 and my language switcher disappeared. Do you think this is related to the change we did last month? How can I bring it back?

Thanks.

February 1, 2017 at 10:25 am #1195868

Bernat Torras

Hi @solonh,

Sorry, as the ticket was marked as resolved I didn't got the notification of your new message.

I've checked your site and I see there is no '.menu-secondary-container' inside your '#secondary' div now. Have you updated anything else apart from WP?

I'd suggest you to check your menus in Appearance>Menus and check if everything is configured accordingly to display your menu in the Frontend.

If the issue persist, and because this seems like a different issue, I'd suggest you to create a new ticket for this and ask for me there. I'll take it and try to find why it is not appearing.

Thanks,
Bernat