This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Noman 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 27, 2017 at 2:14 am #1384318

Aline Ohannessian

I'm using Avada Theme... and in order for me to have this styling (attached photo) on my language switcher, I added the code below under "additional css" in wpml language section:

li.wpml-ls-menu-item ul li a {
width: auto;
}

.wpml-ls-menu-item ul {
width: 60px !important;
margin: 0 0 0 -20px !important;
}

However, when the Chinese is selected (attached photo) the flags view dropdown is all squished and not showing as it should like all the other languages are showing.
Why is this occurring and how can I fix this?
ALSO
as you can see the little "white arrow" indicator next to the flag does NOT show on all languages selected, only for the English and Chinese.

The URL of the site is: hidden link

Please HELP!!
Much appreciation,
Aline

September 27, 2017 at 10:19 am #1384693

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Aline,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I am checking this issue right now and will update your shortly with results.

Thank you

September 27, 2017 at 11:26 am #1384782

Noman
Supporter

Hello Aline,

For the flag in Chinese alignment, please add this css:

#menu-item-wpml-ls-7-zh-hans .sub-menu a {
    padding: 12px 20px !important;
}

Why is this occurring and how can I fix this?
==> Not exactly sure but most of the times Theme css or style modifications override our WPML styles in different languages and in that case we need to target those selectors directly to re-apply our css.

For the arrow, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

October 30, 2018 at 5:15 pm #2863018
perA-10

Hi, I have Avada and have problems with the flags not showing correctly, I tested the codes in the following thread.

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/in-wp-theme-avada-left-menu-flags-do-not-showing-horizontally/

But then it looks like in the picture. Do you have any fix for this?

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/language-switcher-flags-not-showing-in-avada-theme/

October 30, 2018 at 7:34 pm #2863520

Noman
Supporter

Hi @pera-10 I have created a new ticket for you and I will reply you there:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/language-switcher-flags-not-showing-in-avada-theme/

Thanks