This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
April 20, 2019 at 3:20 am #3649173

enisF

hi, i wrote the code that you have mention , for the language switcher in the field additional css, but its not working. can you please help me

thanks

April 21, 2019 at 10:32 am #3652111

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Looks like you want to decrease the language switcher dropdown width, right? Could you please share me with page URL so that I can provide you correct CSS to fix this issue.

Thank you

April 26, 2019 at 6:06 pm #3692785

enisF

Hi, i was not been notified about your replay, as i also see an notification that the email notification on my account is disabled and to enable it i should go in my profile settings ! But there is nothing to setup for enabling or disabling email notification. Please fix also this on my account.

Back to the issue. the urls is teff.mk . But i want this issue to can solve myself for my other projects.

thanks
regards

April 28, 2019 at 12:28 pm #3698033

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

You can change notification setting from top of this thread as you can see in attached screenshot and you can fix this issue by using below CSS code:

.nav li.wpml-ls-item ul.sub-menu {
    width: 100%;
    text-align:center
}

.wpml-ls-item ul li {
    padding:0 !important;
    width:100%;
}

.wpml-ls-item ul a {
    width: 100% !important;
    padding: 0 !important;
}

.wpml-ls-item ul span.wpml-ls-display {
    display: none;
}

And it will look as in the attached screenshot.

Thank you

April 28, 2019 at 9:41 pm #3699049
enisF

Hello, thanks for your replay and help.

1. About the email notification i still dont get your email notification after replay, even if that is setup to be notified. I will send you an screenshot.

2. About your replay for the issue for the size of the dropdown menu, is there not another option? Because i need this code to add to all my sites. I just want another option that will make it easier and speed the process.

3. Can you please also tell me how to show the flags in the second header in mobile screen. With and without dropdown option from the second header. For this question you can take the website as example ( viktoria.mk )

4. Also can you please tell me how to show the flags in the header in mobile screen so near the menu bar or near dhe logo or in the middle and not in the menu bar inside. Please also with and without dropdown option. For this question you can take the same website example ( teff.mk )

Thanks for your support.
Regards

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/email-notification-issue/

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/flags-in-mobile-screens/

April 28, 2019 at 11:52 pm #3699091

enisF

By the way for the question 1 after your answer i tried and it does not work! here is the screenshot.

April 29, 2019 at 1:52 pm #3704047

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

About your replay for the issue for the size of the dropdown menu, is there not another option? Because i need this code to add to all my sites. I just want another option that will make it easier and speed the process.

Sorry, there is no other option for dropdown. The problem is that every theme uses their own CSS and select selectors according to their theme design, e.g. some theme apply width, some used min-width and some apply width on anchor tag and some apply on ‘ul’ tag.

If you are using the same theme in all your sites then this CSS will work flawlessly.

2. To handle new questions/issues, I have created new tickets since these are separate issues. Here are the links to the new tickets:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/email-notification-issue/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/flags-in-mobile-screens/

3. To further debug language switcher dropdown width issue, please provide temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP Login info) to your site (preferably staging site), so that I can look into your setup and debug the issue.

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

April 30, 2019 at 8:25 am #3709335

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have just added my earlier provided CSS in WPML >> Languages > Additional CSS section:

.nav li.wpml-ls-item ul.sub-menu {
    width: 100%;
    text-align:center
}

.wpml-ls-item ul li {
    padding:0 !important;
    width:100%;
}

.wpml-ls-item ul a {
    width: 100% !important;
    padding: 0 !important;
}

.wpml-ls-item ul span.wpml-ls-display {
    display: none;
}

And issue is gone as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Thank you

May 2, 2019 at 8:38 pm #3729135
enisF

hi, thanks, yea i see that now its alright, but you did not mention that i should add that code in wpml custom css. As i have add that in the style.css , but i got it now.

After this i tried the same in another web as you did . but there is not working correctly, as you see in screenshot. its the same theme and plugins inside .

url: viktoria.mk

please check .
goodnight

New threads created by Noman and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/language-switcher-style-4/

May 5, 2019 at 7:14 am #3741921

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

Glad to see your current site language switcher style issue is resolved. To handle new site issue, I have created a new ticket since this is a separate site issue. Here are the links to the new ticket:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/language-switcher-style-4/

Thank you