This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robertS-105 6 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
March 26, 2019 at 2:59 pm #3463825

robertS-105

Since the last WPML upgrade it happened a few times, that the entire language switcher disappeared from the menu. I then checked the WPML main section and it turned out, that there is no language switcher activated. So I re-activated it. Saved it, fine. Next time I changed something in WP it happened again. After saving the changes the language switch disappeared. Same procedure, and back it is. But I am afraid it happened every time I update anything. In the switch you can see the section with the flags, after I fixed it. But next time I went in, it was gone again (blank).
Thanks upfront.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

March 26, 2019 at 8:18 pm #3466225

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

What is the link to your site where I can see the problem?
Is everything updated to its latest version on your site (WPML, WordPress, Theme)?

Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

April 13, 2019 at 9:02 am #3604007

robertS-105

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!