Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
April 10, 2018 at 9:53 am #1580173

mikeE-8

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Language Switcher is not showing up in sidebars when added to Content Aware Sidebars. Trying to get it to work.

Weird part: Our dev created a default sidebar, (not with content aware sidebars.) When we add a language switcher to the default sidebar it shows up on the site. When we remove it and add the language switcher to the content aware default sidebar, nothing shows up on the site. If we add a language switcher to the default sidebar and the content aware default sidebar, 2 language switchers show up on the site. Is that weird that the language switcher shows up in the content aware sidebar only if the language switcher is already in the default sidebar? (Thus created 2, which we don't want.)

We just want the language switcher to show up using the content aware sidebar.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

https://wpml.org/2016/02/content-aware-sidebars-wpml/

Is there a similar example that we can see?

The screenshots in the documentation above does not match our admin. For example, there is a lock next to the post types for sidebars and condition views. We'd like accurate instructions.

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

April 10, 2018 at 9:15 pm #1587502

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

I cannot replicate the problem on my local server.
I've added a Content Aware Sidebars and inserted the Language Switcher widget in it, and I can see it on the front-end.
Are you using the latest version of this plugin?
Are WordPress and WPML are updated to their latest version on your site?
Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read a detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Please, could you provide me the additional info?

P.S. I can see what you mean about the documentation not showing the correct settings as it is in the admin and I'll check that.

Regards,
Itamar.

April 12, 2018 at 11:10 am #1606564

Itamar
Supporter

Update.

This issue is now escalated to our compatibility team.
I'll keep you updated here.

Cheers,
Itamar

April 12, 2018 at 11:10 pm #1615575

mikeE-8

Hi Itamar,

Yea, everything is up-to-date.

Not sure why it's not working. I added the debug info.

Thanks,

April 12, 2018 at 11:27 pm #1615620

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and sorry for not being so elaborative.

Although that I've written that I cannot replicate this issue our compatibility developer could replicate it. So this issue is now escalated to our developers. Our developers will check this issue and try to fix it.
I'll keep you updated here on any news about it.

Best Regards,
Itamar.

April 16, 2018 at 7:37 pm #1651816

mikeE-8

Hi Itamar,

Just following up to see if there has been progress with this issue? I contacted the dev of Content Aware Sidebars, and he noted that the Langauge Switcher may have an issue. I had also tried JetPack "Visibility" settings (now removed), and it had the same issue where the Language Switcher wasn't working.

We paid quite a bit for WPML, so getting it working would be great.

Thanks,

April 18, 2018 at 3:04 pm #1677001

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry there is no progress on this issue, and I do not have an ETA for when it will be handled. I can see that it is escalated to our developers. When exactly our developers release an update including the required Fix, is not up-to us Supporters to determine. Each issue reported in is taken seriously into consideration. It is given a high or low priority based on a number of factors. Factors which those with the overview of all things related are in the best position to determine.

As a workaround, I can suggest you put the Language Switcher a regular sidebar and not on a content-aware sidebar.

I'll keep you updated here.

April 12, 2020 at 2:36 pm #5892379

Itamar
Supporter

Changing the status here to Escalated to developers.