This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 8:11 am #3709101

johannaN

I am trying to: Updated a number of pages, primary menu, footer, will add projects. Suddenly the language switcher disappeared. I had the web host add WP-memory by adding this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */ define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M'); define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

per: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/the-top-menu-language-switcher-disappear-suddenly/

The language switcher did not com back. Instead I received the following two error messages:
1. "500 Internal server error" when wanting to edit a published page
2. "error retrieving content" when wanting to bring in a theme template for a project.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

1. hidden link
2. can't get a link for that now.

I expected to see: I had the language switcher far right in the premium (top) menu

Instead, I got: only swedish version, and not able to edit/create content.

Please advise. Thank you!

April 30, 2019 at 12:26 pm #3710941

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Johanna,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

Let's start by making sure that the language switcher is connected to the menu at the top of the page. In order to do this, please go to Dashboard → WPML → Languages → Menu language switcher and check if the menu that you set at the top of your site is the one selected here. Most of the times, this is not set correctly and that's why I'm asking you to check it out. If there's already the switcher set, just simply press the pen icon and make sure that the right menu is selected in the dropdown (check the attached screenshot). Just have a look here and tell me if this is set fine.

Thanks,
Radu

May 1, 2019 at 8:43 pm #3719863

johannaN

Thanks Radu, I also went through the process to deactivate all plugins, and manually update the WPML plugin.
The issue seems to be with the Themefyre page builder, where I am still receiving an error message:
Warning: illegal string offset ‘content’ in D:\websites\"mywebsite"\wp/content\plugins\themefyre-builder\includes\class-builder-interface.php on line 1907
Would you know how I could fix that? :)...

May 1, 2019 at 8:44 pm #3719867

johannaN

I open this again, in case you would know the answer. Thanks

May 2, 2019 at 6:05 am #3721993

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Johanna,

As I can see, that warning message is coming from the builder files. In this case, I think that you should reach out to the theme/plugin authors and ask them to check it out. They will be able to spot the error in no time since they are the ones that made that code.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Language switcher disappeared. 500 Internal server error. error retrieving co’ is closed to new replies.