Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bernat Torras 3 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
May 4, 2017 at 9:14 pm #1268662

anitaK-2

Dear Support,

Could you please help me to understand the reason why the translation widget for the language selection shows the flags with vertical layout only (this happened after I updated the WPML to the latest version, before the flags were horizontally displayed). For your information, I have already tried to select a different layout through the WPML menu setting, however this did not have any effect.
I would like to fix it and have a horizontal layout of the flags.

The website is: hidden link

Thanks in advance.

F.

May 5, 2017 at 7:41 am #1268885

Bernat Torras

Hi F,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! 🙂

I've checked your site and I think that the problem is that your language switcher has a display type of 'inline'. You should change it to block or display-block and set a width to it in order to list these flags horizontally. Something like this should work:

body .languages-area #lang_sel_list {
    display: block;
    width: 280px;
}

Could you try it and tell us if it works?

Thanks,
Bernat

May 6, 2017 at 12:05 pm #1269800

anitaK-2

Dear Bernat,

Thank you for the reply.

I would like to clarify that before the last WPML update the flags were properly displayed horizontally.

Now, I tried to add the suggested code in the style.css however the flags are still displayed vertically...

Could you please help?

F.

May 8, 2017 at 12:46 pm #1270716

Bernat Torras

Hi F,

I'm checking your site but I don't see these styles applied. Maybe the new code added in style.css file is not reflected yet on the Frontend? Try to add it to WPML>Languages>Additional css and check if it is fixed.

I guess that after updating WPML, the classes of the language switcher have changed (we changed them recently) and the theme doesn't include the proper styling for these new classes. You can also try to make sure that "Skip backwards compatibility" option is disabled in WPML>Languages to see if it works.

Thanks,
Bernat