This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by igorL-11 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 18, 2018 at 7:25 am #2826934

igorL-11

I am trying to: Language switcher was already in the menu and later disappeared. When I go to the WPML-languages I can not even choose any menu in the switcher settings. (screenshot attached)
Aslo when I try to translate the english menu into russian, I press + icon and and add menu but there is no option to say that this manu is the translation of english therefore I cannot synchronise it. Maybe this two issues are related.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: travelcalypso.ru

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

October 18, 2018 at 9:11 pm #2829645

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @igorl-11, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Has the Language switcher disappeared after a specific event? Perhaps an update or installation of a new plugin?

Please switch to the default language and go to Appearance > Menus. Is there a menu available here? If so, is it assigned to your header? If possible, please send us a screenshot of that screen.

I also checked the settings of your server through debug log and saw that some items need attention:
Increase WP memory
Please increase the PHP memory limit to 256mb. Currently this memory is set to 128mb .
https://codex.wordpress.org/Editing_wp-config.php#Increasing_memory_allocated_to_PHP

PHP Version
Upgrade from PHP to version 7 or higher. This is a practice recommended by the WordPress.org website: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

All the best,
Diego

October 19, 2018 at 3:23 am #2830483

igorL-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!