This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by filipposH 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 17, 2018 at 1:55 pm

filipposH

I am trying to:
After I updated to latest version of the WPML plugin, some css changes occured but were easily resolved, regarding the language switcher. I had it as a widget in my menu using widgets in menu plugin. Now, the wisget dissappeares when used from a mobile device and the responsive menu style kicks in. It is not a different wp menu. It's the same just with different/mobile css.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the widget/ language switcher in my mobile menu.

Instead, I got: a blank spot

October 18, 2018 at 3:24 pm #2828501

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @filipposh, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

it seems that you are using a custom language switcher. Or the language switcher is generated by your theme (and not by WPML).

Please try the following:
- Go to WPML > Languages > Menu language switcher
- Assign a language switcher to your menu
- Check if the same issue occurs with this new language switcher
- If not, remove the old language switcher and keed this new one

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

October 18, 2018 at 5:58 pm #2829150

filipposH

The Menu language switcher works, but what I want is for it to appear in the middle between the menu items (see pic menu1) so I used a module that assigned it in the menu as a position. It used to work perfectly after the update and now it dissappears for no reason at all in the mobile menu as if there is some kind of css that hides it. The same method is used for the display of the -see pic again- no3 menu items.
Is there a method I can assign the swicher in-menu, in the exact position I want (no2) instead of the begginging or end of the menu items?

October 18, 2018 at 8:31 pm #2829585

filipposH

Sorry correction: "It used to work perfectly *before* the update..."

October 19, 2018 at 1:19 pm #2832210

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

This is being caused by a "display: none;" of your theme (not WPML). Please add the following snippet to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.mk-responsive-nav li ul {
    	display: block !important;
}

It will display the language switcher on the mobile again.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

Regards,
Diego

October 19, 2018 at 6:18 pm #2832811

filipposH

Man... I guess you must have things like these all the time... I looked everywhere for a css string that could cause a problem and I was absolutely convinced that was not the case.
Thank you Diego, bless you!

October 19, 2018 at 6:21 pm #2832813

filipposH

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!