This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 29, 2018 at 8:12 am #2685424

איילה הלוי

Tell us what you are trying to do? i have just instulled your plugin

Is there any documentation that you are following? hidden link

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

August 29, 2018 at 8:31 am #2685504

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

if there are no translations available WPML by default will not provide a language switcher option for that language as the translation does not exist yet.

to workaround that please go to WPML=>Languages=> enable "Link to home of language for missing translations"

and you can also go to WPML->Settings->Post Types Translation and set your pages/posts to

this will always show an option to switch to the secondary language even if the page/post does not exist and will just show the default language page/post.

Additionally from taking a look at the above screen shot i can see you have added the translation but its set to "draft" status

make sure its published and then you should be able to see the language switcher.

to add the switcher go to WPML->languages->Language switcher and verify its added to the correct menu.

September 2, 2018 at 8:38 am #2696670

איילה הלוי

Hi Bobby,
Yes, unfortenetly i still need help.
I did what u wrot but still no language switcher in front end of a page in main menu. 🙁
On the other hand, in footer he does appear but underneath him.
Please Help
thanks!

September 3, 2018 at 7:58 am #2698203

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

are you using a custom theme ?

this might be caused due to your theme's styling or code in the menu area.

What are your results with a default theme such as twenty16 , i believe it will work as expected.

if your theme is not custom what is the name of it as there might be a known compatibility issue.

September 3, 2018 at 8:21 am #2698333

איילה הלוי

hi,
my theme name ib Bruno. is there any known compatibility issue?
attached is the link to theme site:
hidden link
Thanks!

September 3, 2018 at 10:52 am #2698776

Bobby
Supporter

Hello,

I cannot find a current compatibility issue but the theme is not listed as tested by WPML for compatibility.

https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

Were you able to test with a default theme such as twenty16 ?

if possible i would like to take a closer look

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

The topic ‘[Closed] Language Switcher Does not appear on the pages of the site Page and can not load’ is closed to new replies.