This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: language switcher shows even if there are no translations.

Solution: setting post and pages as "Translatable - only show translated items". The option can be found at: - WPML -> Translation Option if you have the Multilingual Blog licence or - WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual content setup if you have the Multilingual CMS licence

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Ioannis 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 18, 2018 at 10:36 am #2188797

Ioannis

In Settings I have selected Skip language" when a post is untranslated.
The language selector works properly in some cases (in pages, blog page or blog archive), but it shows all languages in single posts, although none of these posts is translated in other languages.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
1. hidden link , only the English flag shows because there are no translations. The language switcher functions properly.

2. Click on any post and then you will see all 3 flags, although the posts are not translated. The language switcher does NOT function properly.

Can you please help?

Yannis

May 18, 2018 at 3:02 pm #2189967

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

May I ask you to check your Post Types Translation preferences? They should be set on "Translatable - only show translated items".
You can find them in
- WPML -> Translation Option if you have the Multilingual Blog licence
or
- WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual content setup if you have the Multilingual CMS licence

Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

May 23, 2018 at 5:38 am #2212743

Ioannis

It was a setting in the Translation Management. In Post Type Translation, Posts were set to was set to "use translation if available". I changed it to "only show translated" and the issue was solved.