Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by ALEJANDRO 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Dat Hoang.

Author Posts
November 30, 2014 at 4:12 am #520104

ALEJANDRO

I'm using Ibuki (child) theme, WPML Compatible. I installed and setup WPML correctly to work with 2 languages on 2 different domains. hidden link (spanish, original language) and hidden link (english, translation)

I created a language switcher in the menu using the default options included in WPML. Half of the time is working great, but there are a lot of times when if you click on "english", the .org version of the site starts loading but eventually the spanish .es shows up instead. If you click again after that, it works, but I can't expect visitors to click twice.

Please try switching the language from spanish to english from the spanish version (www.alejandrogallego.es) from a couple of different browsers to replicate the issue.

December 1, 2014 at 9:16 am #520433

Dat Hoang

Yes, Ibuki is compatible with WPML http://wpml.org/theme/ibuki/

I tried to switch between English and Spanish but there is no problem. Your content displays correctly.

Could you specify the steps to replicate the problems?

December 1, 2014 at 12:32 pm #520648

ALEJANDRO

Hi,

You can see no problem now because I uninstalled WPML and installed another plugin (a free one, Polylang). I wasn't satisfied with WPML because of this problem and above all, WPML was super resource-consuming and it was taking ages to load my site because of it.

Thanks for your help anyway.