This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by emilioM-10 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
November 25, 2018 at 7:30 pm #2938004

emilioM-10

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm not able to set the language switcher into my site in the top-bar menu and also in the footer menu. I only can see the default italian language, i don't know why the dropdown menu in the top bar don't dispay the other languages that i set in WPML.
My site is running with flatsome theme and is runninf in the siteground server.

Is there any documentation that you are following? The official documentation of wplm.org

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? Home page of hidden link

November 26, 2018 at 7:24 am #2938695

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi Emilio,

The switcher / flags will display other languages only if you translated the page.
So I assume you did not translate this specific/other pages 100% to the other language.

Please complete the translation of a page and check.

Also, please go to WPML => Support , and click on "Troubleshooting" while in the Troubleshooting page performs the actions. (specifically "set language information" but i recommend performing all of them"

Regards,

November 27, 2018 at 10:17 am #2943583

emilioM-10

Hi riffaz,
thanks for your support, i don't understand how to translate for example one post/page from default language(italian) to english. I have tried more than one time but the translation don't work, if i try to translate a page or post from italian to other languaguess every time at the end of translation i still continue to read and continue to see the page/page in italian languague . I need to buy some external plugin/extension for translate my page/post? Wpml didn't translate automatically into other languagues that i have set? Thanks a lot BR Emilio

November 27, 2018 at 2:10 pm #2944470

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

That is strange.

Refer these and see if you can find anything that help you:
1. https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/
2. https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/

If not let me know your site login details to check this closely.

Regards,

November 30, 2018 at 9:48 am #2955356

emilioM-10

Hi Riffaz,
currently probably i'm not very able to use WPML plug-in, i tried to translate some woocommerce post and WordPress page into the other language, but after translation everytime i continue to see the default italian language. In the past (for previous ticket managed by you) I already sent my WordPress login, if you didn't find it please inform me. Thanks a lot for your support.
BR, Emilio

November 30, 2018 at 12:00 pm #2955905

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

I've escalated this to the second tier support.
Please be patient till we get back to you.

Regards,

November 30, 2018 at 12:51 pm #2956143

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Please ignore the previous reply.
Sorry, that was a wrong reply.
I sent it to you mistakenly. That was for another ticket.

Actually, I created a text page on your site : hidden link
As you see the page is translated in all the languages.
I've translated your home page as well: hidden link (change the slider and contents as you want)
(You did not translate your homepage or any of these pages to any language : hidden link)

And, you can see the language switcher in these pages.
You can see the language switcher in page only if you completed a translation 100% to at least one language .
Any of these will not work until you clear your site cache.

Please note, we are still checking some issues with Flatsome theme author.

For now, please follow these steps to translate the contents: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/translating-content-created-with-page-builders-using-manual-translation/

Basically, it duplicates and translates independently.

In some cases, please contact theme support as well.

Let me know the results, please.

Regards,

November 30, 2018 at 3:05 pm #2956460

emilioM-10

Hi riffaz,
i saw your test page hidden link, i tried to add a little words in italian ("ciao come stai") at your page description (please navigate inside your test page) but in the english side i still contiune to see the wodrs added by me in italian language. WMPL didn't automatic translate my words/descriptions of page/post ? Every time i need to translate manually the content in the other languages? Is there a way for automatic translate the string from default italian language to other languages? I don't understand if i nedd to translate manually by using for example a google translator or similar or WPML as an automatic function that can works for me (I hope yes). Many Thanks for your support. BR /Emilio

December 3, 2018 at 6:36 am #2961050

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi Emilio,

I got what you are trying to do now.

Please note, WPML is not a machine translator but a automatic/machine translation has been introduced from WPML 4.0

Please refer https://wpml.org/faq/does-wpml-support-machine-translation/ and the video https://wpml.org/2018/06/machine-translation-available-in-wpmls-advanced-translation-editor/

Hope, this will help you.

Regards,

December 6, 2018 at 3:42 pm #2974793

emilioM-10

Hi Riffaz,
you lotd me that i still continue ho have some issue with Flatsome theme about WPML (you wrote: "Please note, we are still checking some issues with Flatsome theme author.").
In order to contact the flatsome theme support, please colud you expain me better witch kind of issus we have with Flatsome adn WPML? Thanks in advance.

December 9, 2018 at 5:14 am #2981268

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Please note, we are still checking some issues with Flatsome theme author.
- this is something related to some incompatibility issue.
- this has nothing to do with issue (automatic translation)
- and this is handled by the relevant department.
- if you need exact details of this I need to check with them and they do not work on Sundays.

For machine/automatic translation please refer:
1. https://wpml.org/2018/06/machine-translation-available-in-wpmls-advanced-translation-editor/
2. https://wpml.org/faq/does-wpml-support-machine-translation/

Regards,
Riffaz.

December 13, 2018 at 5:38 pm #2998961

emilioM-10

Hi Riffaz,

please i need the exact details of compatibility issue with flatsome theme, you wrote that flatsome support don't work sunday, is it possible to contact them in another daily work? Thanks a lot BR

December 17, 2018 at 8:08 am #3007002

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

I got a reply from our compatibility team.
Here it is:
Flatsome is not compatible with WPML yet.
So we do not have a list that we are testing with Flatsome.
To make that, we should get a proper response from the authors as well.
That's not happening for months.

So Emilio, this is out of our hands for now, unfortunately.
If you can you can ping them and ask them if they have any future idea to make their theme multilingual compatible or not.

Thank you for the understanding.

Regards,

December 27, 2018 at 9:36 am #3036221

emilioM-10

Flatsome theme is sure WPML compatible. I will investigate late for this unsolved issue