This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 8 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
February 1, 2019 at 11:20 pm #3153541

Ron

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: TPRF.org

I expected to see: The drop down option for German translations on the home page language switcher.

Instead, I got: This article is available in german on the Home page

February 3, 2019 at 3:24 am #3155056

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

There could be several reason for this.

1. you did not translate the page 100% to the German. check if you translate the page to German 100%. switcher will display a language only of the page is 100% completed the translation to the specific language.

2. Do you see the German language if you enable "Link to home of language for missing translations" in WPML > Languages > Language Switcher Options ?

3. Do you have the same page / copy of this page in trash? have you ever deleted the same title page and created this one? if yes, empty the trash and see

4. add a footer switcher. what do you see?

5. delete this current translation and re-create the translation of this page. does that s solve the issue?

Let me know the results, please.

Regards,
Riffaz.

February 3, 2019 at 7:45 pm #3155847

Ron

Thank you for your help, that worked! One more quick question if I can. It appears that the home pages of the different languages are not properly registered in WPML and therefore the browser redirect is not working. Our prior translators created each page manually. Is there a work around for this?

February 5, 2019 at 6:09 am #3160422

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

home pages of the different languages are not properly registered in WPML and therefore the browser redirect is not working
- I am not sure what do you mean by "not properly registered"
- there is no specific setting per pages for this.
- if you set properly here hidden link then it should work fine.

you can find all the necessary steps here: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/
if that does not help please open a new ticket with more details for this.

Please close this ticket.
A rating with a comment is appreciated. 🙂

Regards,
Riffaz.