This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
April 4, 2019 at 1:42 pm #3535397

Brian

I have integrated the language switcher dropdown to my website and it gets disappear in times. I am not really changing anything in the code so it would be great if you can lead to what the issue is? Or If is there any other configuration I need to perform.

April 4, 2019 at 2:03 pm #3535649

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Do you mean the language switcher is not shown up at all?
I checked your site and I could not find the language switcher anywhere and I do not see any errors in the console as well.

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility issues. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

Plugin conflict
Could you please disable all the plugins and check this?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, switch to one of the default themes like twenty seventeen, the problem persists or not?
NOTE:
+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!).

Console Errors
In your chrome browser Press Ctrl + Shift + J (Windows / Linux) or Cmd + Opt + J (Mac) before you go to this step.
Check if you see any red errors here : hidden link and let me know.

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#enabling-the-built-in-debugging-feature-in-wordpress.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] Language switcher getting disappear/appear in times’ is closed to new replies.