This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gordanM 4 days, 22 hours ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 9, 2019 at 6:03 pm #4725023

gordanM

I am trying to: install switcher in mobile menu background

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: ml-locomotion.com

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

October 9, 2019 at 6:30 pm #4725141

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. How are you trying to add the switcher? Using a widget, placing it in a menu, etc?

You can edit the theme files and use code to place it in the header

do_action('wpml_add_language_selector');

or you can add one to the navigation using the settings in WPML -> Languages. Please let me know if either of these work for you.

October 9, 2019 at 6:40 pm #4725169

gordanM

@or you can add one to the navigation using the settings in WPML -> Languages
Can U please navigate me how to do this?

October 10, 2019 at 1:05 pm #4730649

Lauren
Supporter

If you go to WPML -> Languages, you should see a section for the Menu Language Switcher. Here, you can choose which menu to add it to and how it should display. Please see attached screenshots for clarification, and let me know if you have any further questions.

October 10, 2019 at 2:21 pm #4731539

gordanM

Can U please read carefully name of the issue and check the screenshot I've send you?
Just to be sure that you understand what I want?

October 10, 2019 at 3:39 pm #4732391

Lauren
Supporter

As I mentioned in my previous reply, if you want to place it outside of the navigation, in the circled area of your screenshot, you will need to edit your theme templates and add in the following code

do_action('wpml_add_language_selector');

If your theme allows you to place widgets in that area, then you could also go to Appearance -> Widgets and add one there.

If I am not understanding the issue and it's not that you want to add the switcher where the circle is on your screenshot, then please provide further details of the issue.

October 10, 2019 at 4:18 pm #4732759

gordanM

OK.
I will try to do it.
One short question, why do I sometimes open site in croatian version and sometimes in english version even if I always open it from the same location and same IP adresss?

Best
Gordan

October 10, 2019 at 4:23 pm #4732783

Lauren
Supporter

I'm not sure why this would be happening. Are you navigating to the same page each time? Do you have browser redirect enabled? If you are using any 301 redirect plugins, I suggest deactivating and see if anything changes.

if the issue persists, please open up a new ticket, since the issue is not related to the original issue in this ticket. Thanks.

October 10, 2019 at 5:41 pm #4733269

gordanM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!