This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
On mobile version, language switcher is disappearing.

Solution:
I have fixed this issue by adding following CSS nn Custom CSS section of your theme:

.topbar-wrapp .topbar-menu {
    display: block;
}

.wpml-ls-menu-item  span {
    text-transform: uppercase;
}

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by alinam-2 8 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
January 13, 2019 at 5:01 pm

alinam-2

Hello,

So that any visitor sees the language switcher when arriving on website, whatever the page and even on mobile, I have added the language switcher in top bar it is present on PC version - see image issue35a.

But :

Issue n°1: the language switcher is appearing on the right - whether there is a text or not in top bar ; whether it is set as first or last in the menu. See issue35b

Issue n°2: on mobile version, the language switcher is disappearing - see issue35c.

Issue n°3: The cases for texts are incoherent. On PC version, the language switcher in TOP BAR has the 2nd language is small case vs upper for 1st one (issue36e). In MENU, the language switcher has both languages in capital / uppercase letters (issue36d). When the edit languages show them all in small cases (issue36f).

How to make it correct, what is, for me, same case format everywhere, and visible on any format (PC and mobile)?

Kind regards

January 13, 2019 at 7:15 pm #3085101

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. It seems screenshots (issue35a, issue35b, issue35c, issue36e, issue36d, issue36f) are not attached properly with your message. Could you please send me missing screenshots again to better understanding the issue.

=== Please backup your database and website ===

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Thank you

January 13, 2019 at 11:36 pm #3085329

alinam-2

Hi,
I added the images.
You are allowed to to desactivate and reactivate anything, and change, the backup is made
Kind regards

January 14, 2019 at 9:54 am #3086584

Noman
Supporter

Thank you for the updates and permission. I am going to work on this issue today and will let you know once done. Thank you for waiting on this and for your cooperation 🙂

January 14, 2019 at 2:25 pm #3088040

Noman
Supporter

Hi,

I have fixed this issue by adding following CSS:

.topbar-wrapp .topbar-menu {
    display: block;
}

.wpml-ls-menu-item  span {
    text-transform: uppercase;
}

In custom css section of your theme and now it looks as in attached screenshots. Could you please check and let me know if you need further assistance?

Thank you

January 15, 2019 at 11:00 am #3092330

Noman
Supporter

I believe that both issues are resolved now, can you please mark tickets as Resolved if all is good now and leave a feedback about all the help I have provided, that would help us greatly 🙂

Thank you and have a great day.

January 15, 2019 at 5:22 pm #3094159

alinam-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!