This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 35 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 15 hours, 18 minutes ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 10:31 am #3575009

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I have marked your next reply private so you can safely add this information, it will not be public :).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 10, 2019 at 10:33 am #3575011

simonH-36

it is not public in WPML forum but it is public in the internet. Everyone can get it

April 10, 2019 at 1:33 pm #3576659

simonH-36

Hi,

I have just shared the copy of our site to you, you should be able to receive an email notification for the access. Please try it locally and advise a solid solution for language switcher issue. Thanks

Isabel

April 10, 2019 at 3:16 pm #3577859

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I wasn't able to restore it (even though all the files and database got restored). I get blank screen and debug.log filled with messages such as:

10-Apr-2019 15:14:22 UTC] WordPress database error Table 'new3.wp_woocommerce_shipping_zone_methods' doesn't exist for query SELECT method_id, method_order, instance_id, is_enabled FROM wp_woocommerce_shipping_zone_methods WHERE zone_id = 0 made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-load.php'), require_once('wp-config.php'), require_once('wp-settings.php'), do_action('init'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, WCML_Currencies_Payment_Gateways->init_gateways, WCML_Currencies_Payment_Gateways->get_available_payment_gateways, WooCommerce->payment_gateways, WC_Payment_Gateways::instance, WC_Payment_Gateways->__construct, WC_Payment_Gateways->init, apply_filters('woocommerce_payment_gateways'), WP_Hook->apply_filters, WCML_WC_Gateways->loaded_woocommerce_payment_gateways, WC_Gateway_COD->__construct, WC_Gateway_COD->init_form_fields, WC_Shipping_Zone->get_shipping_methods, WC_Data_Store->__call, WC_Shipping_Zone_Data_Store->get_methods

I was wondering if you could use Duplicator on your local installation and send the links through my email? Perhaps I will be able to restore it then.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 11, 2019 at 2:51 am #3583051

simonH-36

Hi,
I have tried to create a package in my localhost for you but I got Zip Archive Enable error that I dont know how to get it fixed before I can create a package through duplicator. Here is the error message I got FYR. hidden link

BTW, I shared the same copy to other WPML support and he can install it on his localhost successfully. Just wonder why you can't! Can you please try it again or check with your colleague? Thanks

Isabel

April 11, 2019 at 6:46 am #3584139

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I am not sure why I am getting these errors. I did check that other ticket and I think that the root for both issues might be same (caching). I have reassigned that ticket to Marcos Vinicios Barreto and that will be much faster now for you, as he will be handling both tickets.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

April 16, 2019 at 2:30 am #3617397

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the bit of waiting here. I am still dealing with your previous ticket that became somewhat complex. As regarding this ticket issue, I tried to log in your website using the previous provided WordPress Dashboard access details to give a detailed look in your menu structure, but it seems you changed the password. Can you review it please? I will enable a private reply for your again, so you can safely send these details. Thank you for your patience and collaboration, have a nice day.

April 17, 2019 at 6:05 pm #3634169

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I noticed it initially works and then it stop works, also the language switcher poits to some random url (maybe the previous visited url) even if we are on a different page, for example, initially when I tried the contact page it works (hidden link) when switching the language, then it stops working and then the language switcher points to (hidden link) even if we are on the #contact anchor.

It indicates a server cache issue, no other apparent reason here, I am not familiar with WordPress.com hosting, but I would recommend you to contact their support and ask them about any possible cache enabled in your website, please, ask them to disable it and try to replicate the issue again. Please, let me know the results. Have a nice day.

April 23, 2019 at 4:06 am #3659583

simonH-36

I still need assistance while I am checking with wordpress.com

April 23, 2019 at 5:44 pm #3666651

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. We need to know from the wordpress.com side regarding a possible server side cache mechanism, this is why we also need to wait for their answer. Please, update us here as soon as you get a reply from them, this way we can search for alternatives solutions for your issue if the server side cache is not the cause here. Thank you for your collaboration and understanding, have a nice day.

April 24, 2019 at 2:08 am #3668261

simonH-36

Hi,

I checked with wordpress.com regarding the cache issue and they replied that it shouldnt be caused by cache as none of their users using WPML complaint (report) about this. Can you please advise?

Isabel

April 25, 2019 at 2:23 am #3677989

simonH-36

They also help to replicate our live site to a test site that hosted under wordpress.com. Can you please provide a private channel so that I can provide the login credential to you for testing.

I also noted that every time I encountered this issue, It works after I recreate ST DB cache tables through WMPL > Support > Troubleshooting. Should this issue be caused by WMPL cache or else?

Can you please advise, I have been waiting for almost 1 month to get this issue fixed but there is not any progress I can see from you guys?

Isabel

April 25, 2019 at 7:57 pm #3685631

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello Isabel,

Thank you for the updates. I do understand your request and this issue became more complex than we thought it could be, in all my tests there's only one reason for that: a server cache mechanism interfering in the proper functionality of your website, this is why I asked you to request your server support to disable it so we can finally have a confirmation of that.

You can see whenever a cache is purged your website works properly, but then the issue comes on the way again, no other reason here. I will enable a private reply for you so any access can be provide safely, but please, make sure no cache is activated for your website.

Thank you for your collaboration and understanding, have a nice day.

May 2, 2019 at 2:21 am #3720725

simonH-36

please dont close it as I am still waiting for the solid solutions from you guys. Thanks

Isabel

May 2, 2019 at 6:07 pm #3728083

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Can you please confirm if your server support disabled any possible cache for your website? Please, let me know, have a nice day.