This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 39 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by simonH-36 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 5:07 am #3730871

simonH-36

hey,

It is impossible to disable cache individually under wordpress.com

Isabel

May 7, 2019 at 2:15 am #3753219

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello Isabel,

Thank you for the updates and sorry for the bit of waiting due the weekend. I will forward your ticket to our second level support for further guidance on how to proceed in this particular situation. I will update you here as soon as I have a detailed reply from them. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Have a nice day.

May 14, 2019 at 12:58 am #3802349

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while wating for a solution. Can you please try to replicate the issue in the test install at: hidden link. I noticed when you visit a menu item which links to a page instead of one page section anchor it works properly in all of my tests. For example:

If you click: hidden link which is a page instead of one page section anchor, the language switcher always redirects properly to either the english version or the chinese version.

The issue seems to be happening in the one page links such as hidden link although it seems to be linking to the exact section properly. Can you please confirm if you see the same behavior in your website?

Thank you for your collaboration and continued patience. Have a nice day.

May 14, 2019 at 2:52 am #3802869

simonH-36

Thank for your reply. I can replicate the issue as same as yours in the test install at: hidden link. When I visit a menu item which links to a page instead of one page section anchor it works properly in all of my tests. This is what I exactly I need in our production environment while it is not now. Thanks and looking forwards to having your early reply.

May 15, 2019 at 1:34 am #3811277

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please, make sure to keep the provided access details to your WordPress Dashboard working as we need to log in to give it a closer look and experiment settings on your side. I tried to access it to check the browser language redirect settings and the provided access details aren't working anymore. A private reply is enabled for your again, thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

May 22, 2019 at 1:22 am #3859525

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience. I am jumping here to let you know your ticket is still with our second level support and we are doing our best to provide you with a solution, as said before it became complex because it is not possible to replicate it outside your host environment. Thank you for your continued patience, have a nice day.

May 24, 2019 at 1:59 am #3880057

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience while waiting for a detailed reply. I got some more details from our second level support and after an update to all the WPML related plugins the issue seems to be gone. Can you please confirm if you still see any issue in your test stagging website at: hidden link. If the issue is not replicable, please proceed with a complete update of all the WPML related plugins in your live website and let me know if it fixes the issue in your live site too.

IMPORTANT: When updating your plugins, please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Hope it helps. Have a nice day.

May 28, 2019 at 4:31 am #3902675

simonH-36

Hey,

I just have a look at the staging site that you applied an update to all WPML related plugins but I found that the look and feel of that site was broken. Please refer to the image as attached. I believed that the testing site looks good before those updates were applied. Can you please advise before I take any actions in production? Thanks

May 28, 2019 at 8:17 pm #3909977

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Sorry, we forgot to revert back to your theme during our tests, this is why you saw a broken layout. You can proceed with the updates to your WPML related plugins in your production website, in any case you should save a backup copy of your website before any plugin updates action in order to avoid any potential data loss. Please, let me know if it works on your production website. Have a nice day.

May 29, 2019 at 8:13 am #3912869

simonH-36

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!