Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
November 13, 2019 at 7:07 am #4936037

exoticgreenU

Hi,

I am facing a language switcher issue from Dutch to English. Please Check (hidden link) through VPN. In belgium, site open in Dutch but when try to change in English then site again redirect to Dutch. other languages working fine but not English.

Here are the screenshots:
hidden link
hidden link

Thanks & Regards
ExoticGreen Unipessoal Lda

November 13, 2019 at 8:26 am #4936301

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

I went to WPML->Languages->Browser language redirect and enabled the "Disable browser language redirect" option and it's working properly for me, so can you please check it once.

Further, it looks like a compatibility issue, so can you please check the issue further disabling all non-related WPML plugins and themes and let me know if the problem still exists there?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

Thanks

November 14, 2019 at 6:25 am #4944193

exoticgreenU

Hello,

According to your instructions, Now website is redirecting from Dutch to English but after deactivated the "IP2 Location Redirection" plugin. and this plugin works - If someone opens the website in belgium country the website will automatically open in that country language i.e hidden link and we want just like that but problem in redirect from "Dutch to English".

Please solve this issue asap.

And also please explain WPML->Languages->Browser Language Redirect options - "Disable browser language redirect", "Redirect visitors based on browser language only if translations exist" and " Always redirect visitors based on browser language (redirect to home page if translations are missing)".

November 14, 2019 at 6:56 am #4944259

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

So it's compatibility issue with the Ip2 Location Plugin, since the plugin is doing redirection for you, you can disable the browser redirection as I mentioned earlier.

Regarding the browser redirection, you can know more details here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

November 14, 2019 at 9:52 am #4945215

exoticgreenU

Yes, I disabled the browser redirection option but What's the solution for redirection from Dutch to English?

November 15, 2019 at 5:16 am #4951119

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

What's the solution for redirection from Dutch to English?

Disabling the browser redirection should fix the issue, I disabled the browser redirection and it was working properly for me, so can you please check if disabling it is helpful.

Thanks

November 15, 2019 at 5:27 am #4951137

exoticgreenU

Have you checked the website in VPN after disabled the browser redirection?

November 18, 2019 at 5:26 am #4961733

exoticgreenU

Hello,

I also disabled the browser redirection and it was not working for me.
Its very urgent task. So please resolve this issue asap.

November 18, 2019 at 10:07 am #4963959

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Yes, I checked the issue with your normal site state and was able to replicate the issue.

Then I disabled the browser redirection and the issue wasn't happening, so can you confirm in a private browser if the problem still exists?

Thanks

November 18, 2019 at 1:32 pm #4965513

exoticgreenU

Hello,

Yes, the problem still exist. "Disabling the Browser Redirection" is not working for me. I don't understand how it is working for you.

I am resolving this issue with you from last 5-6 days but didn't resolve till now.

PROBLEM:
Please Check (hidden link) through VPN in private window. In belgium, site open in Dutch but when try to change in English then site again redirect to Dutch. other languages working fine but not English.

Here are the screenshots:
hidden link
hidden link

What is the exact solution of this problem?

REQUIREMENT:
If someone opens the website in belgium country the website will automatically open in that country language i.e hidden link and then he/she wants to read the website in English then it will redirect to English i.e hidden link.

Thanks & Regards

November 18, 2019 at 1:50 pm #4965615

exoticgreenU

REQUIREMENT:
If someone opens the website in belgium country the website will automatically open in that country language i.e hidden link and then he/she wants to read the website in English then it will redirect to English i.e hidden link. But website redirect again to /nl Dutch site instead of English language. Can you please let me know that is this Possible through WPML as per requirment?

November 19, 2019 at 1:32 am #4968201

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

I tried again to replicate the issue and currently I can see the "Sitecan't be reached issue" when trying to view the site.

Regarding the requirement, it's not possible with WPML to redirect a language based on country, WPML use browser language to redirect users so if user browser language is dutch it can redirect to that language and vice-versa.

More details: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/automatic-redirect-based-on-browser-language/

Thanks

November 19, 2019 at 5:39 am #4968587

exoticgreenU

Ok, Thank you for your support!

November 19, 2019 at 8:54 am #4969585

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Sure, if no further help is needed I request you to mark the ticket as resolved.

Regards,
Shekhar

November 20, 2019 at 5:12 am #4976599

exoticgreenU

Give me two days.

Thanks & Regards,