Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kristof 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
August 28, 2020 at 2:40 pm

Kristof

The language switcher doesn't work properly whith a specific post translation. If you access the post at: hidden link you will notice the language switcher doesn't work properly as it works for any other language, for example: hidden link

August 28, 2020 at 3:16 pm
August 29, 2020 at 12:42 am
August 29, 2020 at 12:43 am #6897027

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know when the migration process is done. Thanks.

August 29, 2020 at 11:38 am #6899029

Kristof

the migration is complete

September 1, 2020 at 12:38 pm #6915647

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the confirmation and sorry for the waiting here. I took a detailed look at the reported issue, using the migrated copy and noticed it works with these steps:

1 - I replaced the current .htaccess content with standard content according: https://wordpress.org/support/article/htaccess/#basic-wp. Your current .htaccess has a lot of extra rules placed by third party plugins which could be the culprit for such issues.

2 - I deactivated all the plugins and activated them again (this action seems to be flushed any kind of cached data).

You can confirm the results at: hidden link

Please, let me know if it works for your case as well, remember to save a backup copy of your website before proceeding with these steps. Have a nice day.

September 1, 2020 at 2:18 pm #6917277

Kristof

I had moved the default WP entries in the htaccess to the top of the file and cleared the Redis Object Cache, this seems to have fixed the issue.