This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I create and published a new page (Eng) and two translations, when I visit the frontend, I see that the language switcher showing unreachable links to translations.

Solution:

1. Please edit the translation and verify its not a "Draft", simply click on "Publish" and this will ensure it's published

Go to Pages->Edit the default language->use the language switcher and switch to the translation->This will ensure you remain in the standard WP Editor->Click publish

Relevant Documentation:

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by raymondW 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 2, 2020 at 7:53 am #6271373

raymondW

I am trying to:
I create and published a new page (Eng) and two translations, when I visit the frontend, I see that the language switcher showing unreachable links to translations.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The language switcher should be linking to the following:
hidden link
hidden link

Instead, I got:
In the language switcher, links to translations are as following:
hidden link
hidden link

P.S. (1) I have completed the slug translation in WPML editor, the slug of translations are the same as the original.
P.S. (2) I have created another new page, but this problem does not happen there.

June 2, 2020 at 7:34 pm #6277081

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

1. Please edit the translation and verify its not a "Draft", simply click on "Publish" and this will ensure it's published

Go to Pages->Edit the default language->use the language switcher and switch to the translation->This will ensure you remain in the standard WP Editor->Click publish

If this does not resolve the issue proceed to step 2

2. Review the following documentation
https://wpml.org/errata/in-some-cases-a-link-is-converted-to-an-ugly-link/

June 3, 2020 at 2:28 am #6278217

raymondW

Thx Bobby,

Step 1, solve the problem, no more page-id link in the language switcher on the frontend.

I'm concerned that making such updates (from draft to publish statue) in WP editor will mess up the work of WPML editor or not.

June 3, 2020 at 8:03 pm #6286871

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

It should work without any problems.

You can continue making your translations with the WPML Translation Editor now.

June 5, 2020 at 2:00 am #6299709

raymondW

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!