This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nicholasV 6 months, 1 week ago.

Author Posts
April 9, 2019 at 7:42 pm #3570369

amI-2

Hi! I setup a custom language switcher menu using the provided settings in WPML > Languages. I've already set to Skip Language for the option on "How to handle languages without translation". But I am still seeing the switcher menu on pages that do not have translations available like this:
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
When I set this up on the dev site it was not happening. Although the main difference for dev and live site is that the dev site is using an older version of WPML Translation Management which is 2.6.7 and the latest 2.8.4 on the live.

I hope you can assist us with this. Thanks!

Additional information: I think this only happens on archive type of pages like the links I mentioned above.

April 9, 2019 at 8:00 pm #3570473

amI-2

My issue is resolved now. I just did not set the proper option for the Post Types Translation settings for the custom post types/archive page. Thank you!

May 1, 2019 at 8:20 pm #3719829

nicholasV

hello! what was the setting that fixed your issue? I am having the same problem. thanks!!