We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Language switcher works for every page except for the homepage.

Solution:

Update WooCommerce and Woocommerce multilingual plugin to latest versions.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by matthewK-11 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 15, 2019 at 11:24 pm #3820479

matthewK-11

Hello, I'm trying to translate my site from simplified Chinese to traditional Chinese. The default language is simplified Chinese. We've completed the translations for the pages we want, and it seems to work.

We added a language switcher, and that works for every page except the root page. When we go to the root page for simplified Chinese (the page without any url parameters), the language switcher does not show up. However, when we manually enter the language parameter into the url of our root page(/?lang=zh-hant), the language switcher appears. I looked through some of the related posts on the forum and none of them have worked.

The first image is the root page for simplified Chinese, and the second image is the root page for traditional Chinese (/?lang=zh-hant)

May 16, 2019 at 4:33 am #3821947

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Please update your WPML Plugins to latest versions. You can update them at Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab. Please backup your site completely before updating WPML plugins.

If the issue still persists, please try running the WPML troubleshooting options.

Note: Backup your site completely before proceeding.

-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 16, 2019 at 8:32 am #3823259

matthewK-11

Hi Dennis,

I updated all my WPML plugins to the latest versions and I ran through the trouble shooting and the language switcher is still missing from the root page for simplified Chinese.

May 16, 2019 at 9:58 am #3824391

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

In order to for us to investigate this issue, could you please provide a snapshot of your site so we can debug it locally? Here are the step to do this with Duplicator plugin: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/.

Your next reply will be private so you can leave a download links for your snapshot installer and archive.

Please also check our support privacy policy https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 17, 2019 at 6:15 am #3831521

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the duplicator package.

It seems like a theme/plugin conflict thus creating such issues, so could you please perform the below steps and let me know if that helps?

Minimal Setup
If you disable all non-related WPML plugins, the problem persists or not?

NOTE:
+ Make a full backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything.

If the issue does not persists after deactivating on WPML plugins, enable the plugins one by one to see which among the plugin(s) are causing the issue.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 17, 2019 at 7:30 pm #3836695

matthewK-11

Hi Dennis,

I disabled all the plugins but my site stopped working. The site reloaded after enabling ultimate member and woocommerce, but the language switcher still doesn't appear on the root page.

May 20, 2019 at 4:49 am #3843677

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please try to update Woocommerce plugin to its latest version? Then download/activate WooCommerce Multilingual plugin. You can download the plugin at Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab. Configure Woocommerce Multilingual at WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual.

Note: Please secure a complete backup of your site before updating plugins.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 21, 2019 at 12:02 am #3850627

matthewK-11

Wow that works. This update does give me a couple of errors unrelated to this issue. I'll open up a new ticket for those.

Thanks Dennis!