This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
April 4, 2019 at 3:02 pm #3536275

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Could you check if by any chance, there are pages that are NOT being mentioned on the 301 redirect plugin where this is happening so i can check?

April 4, 2019 at 3:55 pm #3536735

alexP-13

Of course, for example these in the blog section:

hidden link

hidden link

And this one in news section:

hidden link

April 5, 2019 at 3:30 pm #3545339

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

I think i found something interesting.

try this please:

1) Please deactivate Advanced custom field multilingual (ACFML) through FTP so you can access your test site again

2) try to repair and optimize your database (the reason why ACFML broke the site was because you had a missing table and a corrupted one apparently)_ https://www.maketecheasier.com/fix-corrupted-wordpress-database-2/

3) Update all the WPML plugins (make a site backup first)

5) Update your PHP version to at least 7.0

4) Resave your permalinks

let's see if that fixes the issue

April 8, 2019 at 11:15 am #3557039

alexP-13

Hi Alejandro,

I have followed all these steps but haven't solved anything either....

April 9, 2019 at 8:12 am #3563983

alexP-13

Hi Alejandro,

Any new thoughts about how to approach this issue? I have been doing some tests with the plugin settings but nothing seems to help.

April 10, 2019 at 9:23 am #3574155

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I migrated your site into another server, just to rule out server issues and the problem still remains. i sent this case to one of our developers to see what could be causing the issues.

I'll update you as soon as they get back to me.

April 10, 2019 at 4:14 pm #3578391

alexP-13

Ok, thanks a lot for that

April 16, 2019 at 11:45 am #3621605

alexP-13

Hello,

Any updates on this?

April 17, 2019 at 10:09 am #3629399

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

I created a test site on one of our sites and noticed that there problem seems to be somehow related to the theme because as soon as i change the theme to the default one, the problem is solved.

Now, i see that there seems to be a lot of modifications on that theme and i don't know if this could be related but the slug /blog is always added ONLY when the theme is active.

My questions here are:

1) Do you know where does it come from (can you add that slug manually, etc)?

2) try to create a clone of that page (a page with the same SLUG) and see if the problem appears there as well (i would like to see if the problem is the page or the slug if the page)

To do that change the permalink of the original post that is giving you trouble (you can add "-2" to the permalink for example) and then create another post and add the name of the original post that is giving you trouble and see how it behaves.

Our problem here is that we can't reproduce this problem from scratch, so we don't know where the problem is coming although we isolated the problem to the theme (if there are updates for it, please go ahead and update it).

Let me know how it goes.

The topic ‘[Closed] Language switcher not changing the slug’ is closed to new replies.