This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by lisetteE 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 30, 2019 at 11:26 pm #4115073

brunoG-10

I am trying to: go to the translated page of a post with a "future" date (post_status = future)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got:hidden link

June 30, 2019 at 11:55 pm #4115101

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. It seems that this is because the post has not yet been published. That is, this is happening because as the post is still not available, the language selector is pointing to the homepage in the secondary language.

To access the secondary language meanwhile, you should go through the backend, switch to the secondary language and then click on the "View Post" link.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

July 2, 2019 at 10:59 am #4126027

brunoG-10

Hi Bruno,

I need that the user could be able to go to the translated version of the post by clicking in the language switcher menu. I'm not talking about what I, as a developer, should do to view the translated post. It's the final user I'm worried about.

So, please, confirm to me that currently the language switcher menu doesn't support future date posts. It's not the behavior I expected but at least knowing this limitation I can begin to think about other solutions.

Thank you.

July 2, 2019 at 11:41 pm #4130499

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

In case, as far as I understand, the language selector does not work for posts that are scheduled (post type = future), correct?

This is a default behavior because if the post was scheduled, theoretically it has not yet been published. The user should not even see the post scheduled in the default language.

That is, in this case, WPML seems to be working as expected. Note that even in the default language, for a scheduled post, if a user (not admin - or not logged in) accesses the link - even though the exact link should display a 404 not found page.

Thank you.

July 8, 2019 at 11:12 am #4161689

brunoG-10

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 17, 2019 at 12:58 pm #4773821

lisetteE

Apologies, it would be great to know how you fixed this issue?

I can't for my life figure out how to show the language switcher for future "scheduled" events!

Be great if there were a current working solution floating around as there has been quite a few people with this issue.

The closest ive come to a solution is this thread but the code seems outdated -
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/language-switch-for-future-posts/

Kind regards