This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.81 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by cristian-dimitrieA 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 12, 2018 at 5:18 pm

cristian-dimitrieA

Hi guys,

At this moment the default language of the site is french....once you push the english flag it goes to a 404 page.
I might not have done everything by the book but i spent the last 4-5 hours trying to figure out how to link the english language flag to the "Home" page which is in english.

Can you guys help me out in any way or with any advice?

Have a good weekend,

Cristian

October 15, 2018 at 11:32 am #2817163

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

This is because the homepage had no translation. I added a WPML "Duplicate" which later you can translate independently.

Now there should not be anymore 404 errors as the posts/pages not translated will be redirected tot the homepage which now is.

Please remember that WPML is not an automatic translation tool so you will have to eventually provide translated content for your pages/posts.

I hope this answers your questions and resolves your issue.

October 15, 2018 at 11:45 am #2817213

cristian-dimitrieA

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!