This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 5, 2019 at 6:27 am #4338183

mariaI-7

I am trying to: change language across all website

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: If I choose a language to be the same even if I go to another page in site.
Instead, I got:Example: if i switch the romanian language on the shop page, when I click on myaccount page it switches automatically to english (implicit language)

August 5, 2019 at 6:11 pm #4342533

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Do I understand right that the account page is translated into Romanian?

Could you please verify the status tab at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Mutlingual? Do you see any warnings here?

Now, please click the troubleshoot option in the right bottom corner. Sync all available products, taxonomies, images, stock, etc.

Also visit the Store URLs tab and make sure that each endpoint has a explicit translation. Avoid same names for different endpoints.

If this will not solve the issue please feel free to provide access and I will investigate the issue further. I will not take any changes to your site's content and create a Duplicator package to debug locally, if necessary. Your next message is set to private by default in order to provide the credentials.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 6, 2019 at 6:29 am #4344339

mariaI-7

I forgot to mention that the same is for the all pages not only for myaccount - if I change to another page it goes back to english if i have romanian language chosen and I have to change it manually again to romanian.

August 6, 2019 at 6:54 pm #4350077

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I have saved the permalinks and sznchronized taxonomies at WPML -> Taxonomy Translation.

Also the Romanian Menu item Custom Link "Categories" had assigned the URL for the English shop page. I adjusted that at Appearance -> Menus.

I can see your shop page uses some links above the footer which should guide uses to the pages. How was this content generated? Could you please provide more details in order to recreate this section?

Also any footer information can be translated on String Translation. Please try to locate the links on String Translation and translate them there.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] language switcher problem’ is closed to new replies.