This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 30, 2019 at 8:46 am #3709619

giladA

Hi, my language switcher stopped work.

hidden link

April 30, 2019 at 12:37 pm #3710999

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Gilad,

Can you give me a few more details about this issue, please? I'm asking for this because I checked the language switcher from HE to EN and back and the page is changing. For example, I could see the shop in both languages (hidden link and hidden link). If there's any place where I can see the problem, just send me a link to it and I'll have a look.

Thanks,
Radu

May 1, 2019 at 7:57 am #3716733

giladA

also please check all the categories

May 6, 2019 at 11:22 am #3747513

Radu
Supporter

Hey Gilad,

I I checked your website several times in the last few days but the Returns page or even the homepage is looking different. I waited a bit, thinking that maybe you're in the process of doing some changes but now I want to check this with you and see if there's any other link I should check. I attached some screenshots with the way that things look on my side now. There's no main menu or language switcher.

Thanks,
Radu

May 6, 2019 at 2:49 pm #3750125

giladA

Hi there. I told my boss to buy this plugin, because i know that it's the best on market! But i'm a 4 months on this project and every time i have some troubles here. So guys, please help me to finish it ASAP. The client starts to angry...

Ok. See the website now. Please check the left menu. Walk through the categories, products woo pages in a firefox too. The client also told me about this bug...

May 6, 2019 at 3:05 pm #3750253

giladA

In most cases u can see the problem when u logged in!

May 7, 2019 at 8:19 am #3755203

Radu
Supporter

Hey Gilad,

I checked the shop area, looked at some products, opened categories, and everything works very well when I change the language from EN to HE and back. Can you describe a specific case when the problem appears, please? You can tell me: "click this button, change the language, and this is displayed instead of this". As I said, everything I checked worked well but maybe if you could describe me some steps I need to follow in order to see the issue, I can check this on my side and see why is the problem appearing. I just need a bit more specific details about the issue. I'm waiting for your message back.

Thanks,
Radu

May 7, 2019 at 10:46 am #3756605

giladA

it happens to me a lot when i logged in too. see the screenshot. the "EN" is not appear. just login and play with it and you'll see

May 10, 2019 at 1:02 pm #3784469

Radu
Supporter

Hey Gilad,

I checked a few pages once again (like this one hidden link) and it seems that there are a lot of console errors (from Elementor) that make the language switcher not work. There's a JavaScript code that's making the language switcher display the dropdown. However, since there are a lot of JavaScript errors, the code that should display the dropdown is no longer running. You need to fix all the errors from Elementor and, after that, the language switcher will start working again. I attached a screenshot with just a few errors from your website. You can try to reach out the authors of the plugin and ask them what might be causing all these errors.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] language switcher stopped work’ is closed to new replies.