This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Language switcher widget not working when using it on Elementor page builder

Solution: This issue is already reported to our compatibility team and they are working on it. In the meantime, please use the following workaround using shortcodes.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/language-setup/language-switcher-options/

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vikram 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
September 30, 2018 at 9:11 am #2776360

Vikram

In WPML -> Languages -> Custom language switchers -> Ticked on Enable

With OceanWP theme I am using Elementor page builder to add Language Switcher widget on page and template but the widget is not seen or rendered when the page/template is previewed. When trying to add Language Switcher from page builder using shortcode it is displaying properly. So where is the issue and how should I resolve it?

October 2, 2018 at 3:30 am #2780284

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Please attach few screenshots so I can replicate the issue on my end and suggest you a feedback.

Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

October 2, 2018 at 11:33 am #2781267

Vikram

Demo link : hidden link

October 3, 2018 at 5:09 am #2783506

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

This issue you mentioned is already reported to our compatibility team and they are working on it. In the meantime, they suggested the workaround that you are using, i.e. using shortcodes.

Thanks

December 3, 2018 at 11:42 am #2961920

Vikram

Even after 2 months still compatibility team working and not resolving the issue?

I fear depending on shortcodes as workaround is safe when Gutenberg is finally launched in coming days. ??