This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by OlivierL 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
June 8, 2013 at 5:43 am #134078

OlivierL

hello there

The problem which happen in post-133218 happened again - could you explain me in details what was done and check with the developer of Alterna (part of your Go Global program) what's happening and fix this bug.

Please keep me updated urgently as I'm losing all my credibility with my client - here is the email he sent me :
" Olivier,
The top banner is like before without “European Leisure Industries” and without the languages buttom.

In my point of view we need first a proper working website! It seems that you cann’t solve the problems.

We already lost a lot of time with the first template and it seems that this template will have to many problem too.

Come up with a solution! "

Thanks by advance,
Olivier

June 8, 2013 at 5:53 am #134079

OlivierL

Please give me the procedure that Adriano followed to solve the bug precisely so I can fix it temporarily until we look for a stable long-term solution.
If i need to contact Alterna support and ask specifics, let me know.

Thanks,
Olivier

June 8, 2013 at 7:18 am #134082

Harshad

Dear Eric,

Checking the old thread, I think Adriano added "do_action('icl_language_selector')" code in the "header-style-1.php" file

http://wpml.org/forums/topic/drop-down-menu-disappeared-on-alterna-website/page/2/#post-132824

June 9, 2013 at 12:48 pm #134189

OlivierL

Hi Harshad ,
Yes I saw that and I re-inserted it but what I and my client want to know is what's happening that makes this issue come up again and again. I can' t be constantly monitoring the website to see if the language switcher is still there.
Can you help find out an explanation and the source of the problem.

Thanks,
Olivier

June 9, 2013 at 2:45 pm #134198

Harshad

Dear Olivier,

I will tag this issue to Adriano, so he should get back to you and let you know the exact fix.

Please standby for further updates.

June 10, 2013 at 7:37 am #134268

OlivierL

OK then if Adriano could help me to re-insert as well the banner which was next to the logo on the right (same level) hidden link, I've tried but I don't know css and the result was that my header was all messed up.
Thanks by advance for the feed-back about origin of the issue.

Olivier

June 10, 2013 at 6:51 pm #134468

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear Eric,

I'm Bruno and I'm handling this issue now. This code may have been lost because the theme has been updated. You updated the theme?

About insert the banner, I'm gonna need your credential. I’ll send you a private email right now asking you for some private information that will help me debug this issue for you. Please check your email in a couple of minutes, and if you don’t get it, let me know so I can send it again.

Thanks

June 11, 2013 at 2:22 pm #134790

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Dear Eric,

I added the banner on your site. Please check if everything is working perfectly.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Thank you.

June 12, 2013 at 7:00 am #134951

OlivierL

Hi, Bruno

Thanks a lot, it's perfect.
Have a great day,
Olivier