Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Alejandro.

Author Posts
November 27, 2020 at 6:59 pm #7546459

waelt-3

I am trying to : Translate my site pages into Arabic After successfully installing the tool and starting work, I cannot find a tool for changing the language in Meta box . when go Translation Management, I find the translate button inactive

M2.PNG
M1.PNG
November 28, 2020 at 2:40 pm #7549611

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

You mention you want to "change the language" yet you show a screenshot of you trying to not translate anything (i'll explain this below).

Let me explain why is this happening.

1) In m2.png you are in a page that will allow you to translate a page. the page in itself i can only guess is in English, because the only language you see listed in m2.png (WPML > Translation Management) is arabic.

2) If there aren't other languages and you selec tthat you don't want to translate arabic. that button can't allow you to continue because you're telling it that you don't want to translate the page, which is the sole purpose of that page.

Now, i can see you are trying to translate the "about us" page, which i can only suppose you find it under pages > All Pages > About us, correct?

If that's the case then you might have too much memory usage for the memory allocated.

I'm not talking about the PHP memory but the WordPress memory that can use that PHP memory.

To fix that please add the following code in your wp-config.php file, right after the database information lines of code:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT','256M');

Then, try to see if you can translate it now.

Let me know how it goes.

The topic ‘[Closed] Language tool does not appear in Meta box’ is closed to new replies.