This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
February 21, 2019 at 10:44 am #3226680

royM-7

I am Using ACF to translate pages from English which is my default language to French, German or Dutch. However, the label on the translation page don't appear properly.

I expected to see the labels in English, but instead of showing the labels, it is showing the actual Field name which I assigned, even though I want the label to be shown here.

I would prefer to keep the label always in English, regardless of which language I am translating to and from. However, currently it is showing no label at all, and only the 'field_name'.

I believe this Label issue is not restricted to ACF fields only, the labels are not appearing properly for any fields. Please see screenshots.

February 21, 2019 at 9:26 pm #3230082

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

By default, these fields are added in this way. The custom fields label is usually made using the name of the custom labels.

In your first screenshot, the field names are formatted because it is part of a page builder. The custom fields, however, even those added manually are formatted as "field-field-name". That is, this is not an issue. This is the default behavior of WPML.

If you want I can add this as a suggestion (feature request) to our developers.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] Language Translator Labels not appearing for Fields’ is closed to new replies.