If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
October 5, 2018 at 9:55 am #2790262

nicolasS-40

Hi!

I was about setting up the language URL format for my site translated in Japanese. So we chose "Different languages in directories" because we don't want to use another domain.

So what WPML proposes is : hidden link

However we want to have the domaine extension jp -> hidden link

How can we get it keeping the "Different languages in directories"?

Thanks!

October 5, 2018 at 4:37 pm #2791320

nicolasS-40

I went through previous threads and I created another language with jp as code. The only thing I'm uncertain is about:
- the default locale
- hreflang

I have to put jp as well, or I have to keep ja??
Attached the screenshot.

October 8, 2018 at 10:16 am #2795498

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Just use the language code as jp and default locale and hreflang as ja, let me know if this helps.

Thanks

October 8, 2018 at 2:35 pm #2796449

nicolasS-40

It tells me "The default locale already exists.". I imagine because ja is the defalt locale and hreflang for the original japanese language. What about if I keep jp ?

October 9, 2018 at 5:33 am #2798306

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Yes, you can use the jp as locale too, but when using .po/.mo files you should change the name of the .po/.mo files also to jp accordingly.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks