This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user wanted to have the language switcher in some specific pages Solution: The user's theme offers the possibility to assign different menus at page level. The user should add/remove the language switcher in the desired/new menu, then assign it to the desired page.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rohanK 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
September 16, 2019 at 9:55 pm #4584357

rohanK

Hello Team WPML,

I would like to add a translation button in the top menu on this page only for the menu "Main Menu INTERNATIONAL" on those 4 pages only:
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link
- hidden link

I want the same language menu that you can see on the top menu here for example: hidden link

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards

September 17, 2019 at 11:12 am #4587943

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

As I am still logged in your website, I checked the page, it seems to be using the "Main Menu International". You can add a language switcher to it in WPML->Languages->Menu language switcher. And configure it similarly to the language switcher attached to "Main Menu SWITZERLAND"(which is attached to the switzerland page).
This will make the language switcher available in all pages that use the "Main Menu International".
If you want to only show it on the news page, I suggest, to create another menu(Main Menu News) and add the language switcher to it. Then use this menu only on the news page.
Or you can use some CSS code to make it hidden in other pages, and only appear in the news page.

I hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any doubts.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 17, 2019 at 12:46 pm #4588519

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

thanks for your incredible support I am going to try this solution and let you know today,

Kind regards,

Sophie

September 17, 2019 at 3:01 pm #4589551

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for your kind words. I'll set this ticket as waiting for customer feedback until you replied.

Best regards,
Jamal

September 17, 2019 at 8:59 pm #4591051

rohanK

My issue is resolved now, I have keep a note on how to do it if I need it in the future again ;). Thank you again for your amazing support Jamal!

Have a very good day,

Sophie