This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
October 10, 2018 at 4:24 pm

hocineS

Hello

I am using ListingPro theme, and had a number of issues as many things are not working properly, so I explained everything in this video which I sent to them

hidden link

and after 3 days they wrote back saying this
<<<Our Team has studied your all case in depth and came to this conclusion that your site WPML is not configured properly with the Redux framework which we have used to manage the theme options. You first need to get the WPML configurations properly by getting the support from WPML that will make multi language work properly so when you change the Dashboard language it should also change your Theme Options value in to the another language selected by WPML switcher.

For this you have to contact the WPML support and ask them to make your plugin configured with the Redux framework translation so it can take the values in different selected languages and can translate your site properly.

For Example you have change the text of the footer copyright text in French language and when you will click on English language it will not translate that copyright text to english so you have to configure the WPML with redux then it will translate those values to different languages automatically.

There are many users using the WPML with our theme and none of them have faced such issue as you are facing,>>>
I went to WPML on WP DASHBOARD and pressed all the buttons and double checked again and the issues are still there, so I copied the debug info. I am really stuggling to get over this site itès consuming me!

Thank you for your help

October 11, 2018 at 10:28 am #2807640

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

The video you uploaded is very long (>20 mins). I think the best way to handle this is to please write back with the list of issues written down and then I can handle them one-by-one in separate forum threads if needed.

ListingPro is correct in that we have many shared clients so I will be focusing first on if your WPML basic configuration is correct. After that, I need examples of each issue to investigate.

I wait for a list of issues and examples that illustrate each issue.

Thanks.

October 11, 2018 at 1:21 pm #2808351

hocineS

Hello

Issue 1: On the home page (French), the Footer (Copy rights...etc..) is displayed in Encglish despite that is already translasted under WPML>String translation
And when you switch to english the footer the Footer (Copy rights...etc..) is displayed in French instead. Also the search bar greyed content is displayed in french while you are in Englsih see this video
hidden link

2- On home page (French), you click on any City to view the registred listings, and once they are displayed you click preview on any of them and the listing is displayed in Englsih instead and even...see this video: hidden link

3-On the home page (French), select contact from main menu, the Contact us page is displayed in english while the rest of the contact form is in French. Then when you fill in the form and send the message, the notification is displayed in Englsih while everything is actually translated...see this video hidden link

4- On the home page (French),choose any plan and click continue...everything is displayed in French except the search bar greyed area which switches to englsih. Also the payement method part in the listing form is not dispalyed while in French and is properly displayed when you switch to english...see this video here :
hidden link

5-On the main page (englsih), the search bar greyed area is dispalyed in french as well as the footer copy right...
hidden link

There is clearly something not work properly here, and there might be some other issues as well

Thank you

October 15, 2018 at 9:49 am #2816853

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

There is definitely something strange going on with your installation and setup but I don´t believe it has anything to do with WPML.

Here are my observations and actions so far:

1. I disassociated the original "Home" and "Acceuil" pages so that they are no longer translations of each other.

2. For the "Acceuil" page, I then created a WPML Duplicate in the EN language and called it "Home - WPML ). This means that the contents of the "Home-WPML" page is all in French but has an English title. When I display the "Acceuil" page, which is configured as the home page, all is as expected. However, when I switch to "English", the old Home page still shows up.

3. If I disassociate the "Acceuil" page as the Home page in Appearance -> Customize , and display the page, it shows the correct footer and switches to the correct translation. When I change language, the FR version of this page is what I expect to see: a duplciate of the Acceuil content with an English title. Furthermore, the footer has the correct translations.

4. I then temporarily switched the active theme to Twenty Seventeen. When I attempt to view the "Acceuil" page (configured as the home page again), it fails with an aqresizer.php error which is understandable. However, when I switch to the FR version with TwentySeventeen,....SURPRISE...the old ListingPro template with the old english homepage appears again.! The TwentySeventeen theme is overridden.

5. Furthermore, the templates being applied to the English "Home" page is different from the normal templates applied to other pages.
If you select any other page (eg. About Us), you will see that the footer is switching languages as it should. It is only when the page becomes the homepage when things fall apart.
Additionally, I´ve activated the WPML language switcher in the footer. It appears in the FR version of the home page as expected. But when I change to the English version, the footer switcher is not able to display.

Conclusion: you have some kind of hard coding for the English homepage as well as redirection which is interfering with the normal language switching.

Next Steps:
You must find our where this custom coding/redirection and configuration is coming from. In my opinion, this is neither a LIstingPro or a WPML issue but something custom in your installation.

I would suggest that you start by searching for the string "Tous les droits réservés" which does not exist anywhere in the database and therefore would be hard-coded in the mystery template. From there, you can then trace backwards what redirection is calling this template file.

I wait for your feedback.

October 15, 2018 at 1:10 pm #2817605

hocineS

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 16, 2018 at 5:55 pm #2822031

hocineS

Hello

I created a subdomain (hidden link), and reinstalled the theme and activated the child theme, reinstalled wpml and translated some pages...and it seems to be working fine...can I just import all the translations I have done from the main site to the subdomain with the database then put live again this subdomain as the main site again...then hopefully I will get rid of all this mess.

You can check with this login...(admin, pass: Wl8P0%0AY8)