This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: My pages default language is english. In WP Settings -->General it states it is english US althogh my flag is ENGLISH UK. WP Settings does not let me change the sites language to english UK. It wont apply the changes I have saved.

Solution: It's possible to change the language settings on WPML > Languages > Site Languages > Edit Languages. You can edit the "Default locale" column.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by sabrinaB-7 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Diego Pereira.

Author Posts
October 15, 2018 at 6:44 am #2816353

sabrinaB-7

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have started string translating yesterday and since then some problems occured which I dont know how to fix.
1. My pages default language is english. In WP Settings -->General it states it is english US althogh my flag is ENGLISH UK. WP Settings does not let me change the sites language to english UK. It wont apply the changes I have saved.
2. My site shows a map on its front home page which is now not functioning anymore when using the site under the UK flag. All other languages work fine. ??????Why i dont know. this started happening after I worked on some string translations.
3. My site states in back end that it could run faster and that "assume that the original language of all strings is english" was disabled. When accessing wpml I am not able to enable it there is a error message stating error data not saved.

Now i believe that this might have to do smth with a confusion of English UK and English US?

Is there any documentation that you are following? NO

Is there a similar example that we can see? Not really.

October 16, 2018 at 3:28 pm #2821596

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @sabrinab-7, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Sorry for the delay, we are with a big load of tickets today.

It's possible to change the language settings on WPML > Languages > Site Languages > Edit Languages. You can edit the "Default locale" column.

Please let me know if it worked for you.

May I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your additional question? We can handle only one issue per ticket. This will help other users with similar problems to find solutions when searching the forum.

All the best,
Diego

October 18, 2018 at 9:41 am #2827472

sabrinaB-7

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!