Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by leonorR 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
November 18, 2019 at 11:43 pm #4968083

leonorR

Hello
My site Languages Switcher is redirecting to home page and sometimes to a random portfolio post.

Thanks in advance.

November 19, 2019 at 1:49 am #4968221

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hi There,

The language switcher is holding the value of the previously visited page.

For example, if you visit the about-me page then switch back to the homepage the language switcher value will hold the about-me page.[screenshot]

Similar issues before were caused due to a 3rd party plugin/theme.

Please update your theme to its latest version (5.1.8) and let me know your results.

If the issue persists I would like to take a closer look at the backend to further test this issue

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

NOTE: if access to the live site is not possible and staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin

Thank you,
Bobby

November 19, 2019 at 9:15 pm #4975869

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details !

It seems that i am currently denied access to the wp-admin.

Here is my IP Address in case you need to add it

November 19, 2019 at 10:39 pm #4976123

leonorR

I already unrestricted your IP addresses.

November 20, 2019 at 5:19 am #4976661

Bobby
Supporter

Please review my screenshot, I am still unable to access the site.

November 20, 2019 at 12:46 pm #4980047

leonorR

I alredy contact my server support, to change your ip permission. If you want I can send you a backup from the website so you can tried to solve through the backup. Thank you once again

November 20, 2019 at 1:04 pm #4980425

leonorR

My server support already update your IP permissions. I think now you will be able to enter in wp admin. Let me know if it worked?
Thank you

November 20, 2019 at 1:40 pm #4980823

leonorR

Bobby, after deactivating the plugin of classic editor it seems to work better. It's possible to have a compabity problem between classic editor and WPML? I am still testing with all pages, but I will give feedback. Thank you.

November 20, 2019 at 8:52 pm #4984251

leonorR

My issue is resolved now, I think the problem was because of classic editor plugin. Thank you!