Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 15, 2020 at 6:40 pm #6376699

borja-alonsoL

Hi there!
On camelincacompany.es I cannot accommodate the languaje selector on main menu header. The background doen´t fit the text area and some odd lines appear on hoover. I´ve tried with all possible languaje selectors with no luck (but the no background option which I wouldn´t prefer). There´s a way we can fix this?
Thanks and regards
Dave

camelina issue.JPG
June 17, 2020 at 9:06 am #6391889

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

When I try opening your site, I get 404, any ideas about this?

Like the website is not there at all, not sure why it happens. However, from your images it looks like a CSS issue with the theme menu.

That being said, did you consider not using language drop-down, but only horizontal flags? You can set this up in the language switcher options.

You could also consider checking with theme developers if they can perhaps assist in some CSS suggestions or you can even reach our contractors - https://wpml.org/contractors/ - and see if they can code something for you, in case there will be major CSS changes required to accommodate the language switcher across all scenarios, including desktop and mobile phones.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

404.jpg